14/5/2019 reflection blog-Joei S.

    Today we were told what project we are going to work on about changing the school environment.  We started by watching a video. I was very surprised when I found out that the typical Japanese schools' graveyard-style education system hadn't changed for decades. Then I remembered that when I studied in New Zealand during the summer holidays,  the local school had had blue carpets around the classroom and corridors, the desks were arranged into groups, there were many pictures on the wall and this created a relaxing atmosphere. Also, when I saw a picture of Fuji kindergarten in Tokyo, I thought the environment of the kindergarten was very suitable for studying efficiently. I felt jealous of the kindergarteners who go there.
     When designing the layouts of schools, I think the schools should introduce up-to-date education system and technology, from people who actually know about them. This is because I think the people who decide the education system don't know what modern schools need.  Even if there was such a person, there will be too many people who will refuse to change.  Although, realistically, it might just be a financial problem that prevents schools from changing. 
    We learned the TPACK model (technological pedagogical content knowledge) and the SAMR (substitution, augmentation, modification, redefinition) model, a model to help educators use technology for teaching and learning. Simple and understandable templates helped me understand what a good education system is, and I hope the people who decide the education system realize that there is a system such as this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/5 the Hobbit chapter 14

5/6 The Hobbit chapter 19

5/6 The Hobbit chapter 18