20/5/2019 reflection blog-Joei.S

I think Japan will fall behind in ICT education compared to other countries because ICT is not a main component in the Japanese school curriculum.  In my elementary school, the ICT lesson was too simple, for example, I learned how to search in search engines. Some schools don't even have ICT lessons. Even in our school, only 7th and 10th-grade students learn ICT/programming. In Syotoku Gakuen, every student can use iPads to search for information and communicate with other students via SNS. Of course, the students need self-management skills to use them appropriately. I think ICT lessons should be included in the compulsory education system and the teaching materials should be free or cheap.

Learning outside the classroom was refreshing. The air was good, there was more light, I could loosen up my legs and it was spacious. However, there is not much space for students to walk around, and cars could come in so it could be dangerous. I think the idea of using the roof was good because it creates more space inside the school. Using the courtyard, pool or the garden in front of the East building would increase the space too.  If different people want to use the same space for different purposes, for example, club activities or a meeting place for discussions, different times should be allocated to these groups or a booking system could be used. 

Then we learned about the practical SPIDER method. I realized that this method can identify almost any problem and the solution to a particular topic. These useful formats for effective learning make it easy to understand and remember the ways to study. I have always used the mind map to find a topic for my SSH project, but I want to use this method to find out problems from now on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/5 the Hobbit chapter 14

5/6 The Hobbit chapter 19

5/6 The Hobbit chapter 18