28/5/2019 reflection blog-Joei.S
I have realized that the typical standard slideshows are actually very bad presentations. Firstly, we have to make the audience's attention focus on the people talking. So there is no meaning writing down the same thing on the slideshow when you are saying it. I have seen many people do this (I was doing this too) but when I think carefully, what is the point of doing that if you're only reading the slideshow? A presentation's focus should be on the talking. Therefore instead, we should use the slideshow as a supplementation. For example, we should use the slideshow to show pictures and graphs because we can't show them by just talking. Secondly, we should not put too much information in a slideshow. We tend to put many decorations in a slideshow, but I find this sometimes annoying. For example, a character in the corner distracts me from focusing on other information. Thirdly, the format of the slideshow should use some scientific strategies like the rule of three or leaving blank spaces in the slideshows. I thought the pictures that used these strategies make me more focused on the topic. I would want to look over my past slideshows and improve my next slideshows so that it won't be boring but interesting. Also, I hope more teachers and companies will start making better slideshows too.
After that, our group continued making our own slideshow. However, we haven't made much progress. I think this is because we (I) lack communication skills. I found out that we need more time to discuss the topic. Unfortunately, in my group, no one has a Mac PC so we have less advantage in making videos. One solution for this is to include the points above in our slideshow in order to make it a good one.
Comments
Post a Comment