13/5/2019 reflection blog-Joei.S

    One of the things I learned today was about how to make a good blog. To do that, firstly the first sentence in your paragraph should be a topic sentence. You write what you are going to say and what it's about. This helps the reader imagine and understand the content of the story better. Secondly, there should be three supporting statements/concepts. This is because generally, people prefer the number three. This is because, according to https://www.copyblogger.com/rule-of-three/, three is the smallest number to create a pattern, and the human brain is programmed to recognize patterns. Therefore, having three statements/concepts helps the reader remember them. Each statement/concept should have 2 to 3 sentences, having 8 to 11 sentences in a paragraph. Thirdly, there should be 2 to 3 paragraphs in a readable blog. Having too many or too few paragraphs make the blog incoherent and incohesive. I want to use this information in my other classes to write good essays.

    I learned to create a new Feedly account too. Feedly is an RSS (Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication) that allow users to access updates to online content in a tidy format. I thought it was very convenient to use these websites because I have easy access to followed websites. Also, I like my desktop/Gmail account to be neat, tidy and simple. I am happy that I can view other peoples' blogs using Feedly because I am bad at making my own paragraphs. Now I can use other peoples' blogs to look for advice.  However, adding the websites to my Feedly folders and renaming them was a little tiring and boring.

    In this blog, the first paragraph has a topic sentence, three support statements, and twelve sentences. The second paragraph has a topic sentence, but I do not know if there are three supporting statements since these sentences are opinions. I will have to improve my blog by putting in more opinions, and not using the same expressions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/5 the Hobbit chapter 14

5/6 The Hobbit chapter 19

5/6 The Hobbit chapter 18