25/6/2019 reflection blog-Joei.S
Today it was our turn to make a presentation about the school environment. This is my own reflections on my presentation although of course, others might have a different opinion.
I thought that the good points were the timing, movements and interaction. Firstly, I was a little nervous and I was worried that we would finish too quickly. However, my part was about three minutes and ten seconds: it was within the time limit for each person. Secondly, I thought my gestures were good. I had my arms moving and pointed to the actual chairs and desks during the presentation. To be honest, I'm not sure why but these gestures came out unconsciously. Thirdly, I tried to interact with the audience. I threw a question at them and moved a chair to wake them up.
On the other hand, the bad points were lack of eye contact, lack of emotion on my part and pauses. Firstly, I noticed that I have a tendency to look mostly at the audience who are sitting at the front. Also, I looked at the laptop to tell when I wanted my members to change the slides and because of this, I lost eye contact with the audience. Secondly, I had no emotion when I talk. My voice was monotone and my face was not relaxed. Thirdly, when I talked, I paused between each word making the speech not fluent.
As a team, we had some problems with the teamwork. For example, we didn't know when to change another member's slides so there was a pause when we changed the slides. I wish we had a remote control for the slides. Also, we couldn't schedule a time with all the members to practice together as a group and because of this, I think we failed to improve each other's presentation.
From the other teams, I've learned the importance of building up credibility. It's really important to tell the audience how much research you've done and to speak as if you know the topic really well in order for people to trust what you are saying. Our team tried to build up credibility but I'm not sure if we succeeded.
I thought that the good points were the timing, movements and interaction. Firstly, I was a little nervous and I was worried that we would finish too quickly. However, my part was about three minutes and ten seconds: it was within the time limit for each person. Secondly, I thought my gestures were good. I had my arms moving and pointed to the actual chairs and desks during the presentation. To be honest, I'm not sure why but these gestures came out unconsciously. Thirdly, I tried to interact with the audience. I threw a question at them and moved a chair to wake them up.
On the other hand, the bad points were lack of eye contact, lack of emotion on my part and pauses. Firstly, I noticed that I have a tendency to look mostly at the audience who are sitting at the front. Also, I looked at the laptop to tell when I wanted my members to change the slides and because of this, I lost eye contact with the audience. Secondly, I had no emotion when I talk. My voice was monotone and my face was not relaxed. Thirdly, when I talked, I paused between each word making the speech not fluent.
As a team, we had some problems with the teamwork. For example, we didn't know when to change another member's slides so there was a pause when we changed the slides. I wish we had a remote control for the slides. Also, we couldn't schedule a time with all the members to practice together as a group and because of this, I think we failed to improve each other's presentation.
From the other teams, I've learned the importance of building up credibility. It's really important to tell the audience how much research you've done and to speak as if you know the topic really well in order for people to trust what you are saying. Our team tried to build up credibility but I'm not sure if we succeeded.
Comments
Post a Comment