1st semester reflection blog-Joei.S
Through this semester, my perspectives and thoughts towards presentations, digital tools and the school system completely changed. Before having Mr.Paterson's class, I was indifferent to these subjects. However, as I learned useful modern facts I became more interested.
The biggest change was about presentations. Before the lessons, my presentations were so boring since my slides were a script and I just stood and read the words written on the slideshow. I had no enthusiasm to try to connect with the audience.
However, if we think again, the purpose of doing a presentation is to tell something to the audience. So first, I learned the basic facts about what I should have done, for example, looking at the audience or not using the slideshow as a script. For better presentations, we learned some skills and tips such as the arrangement/selection of the images in the slideshow or the SPIDER model. There was scientific evidence regarding the use of these so it was very reliable and understandable.
I was surprised on the first day of the lesson because it was very up-to-date. I found using technology in lessons has so many benefits, for example, using computers instead of paper was much more efficient than the other classes that use paper. I never knew Google had a variety of products. They are very useful, especially Grammarly because I make grammar mistakes a lot. I think these extensions make our learning efficient and smooth.
Lastly, my perspective towards school systems changed too. Before Mr.Paterson's class, I didn't doubt that there was a problem with Japan's education system. Later, after finding out that many other developed countries have a modern education system, I now think that there are many defects in the Japanese school education system. I am also seeing a lot of defects in my school and wonder why these problems have existed for so long. I had always thought that students had to adapt to the school and tolerate these problems, but actually, I think the school and the education system should adapt to keep up with the times.
The biggest change was about presentations. Before the lessons, my presentations were so boring since my slides were a script and I just stood and read the words written on the slideshow. I had no enthusiasm to try to connect with the audience.
However, if we think again, the purpose of doing a presentation is to tell something to the audience. So first, I learned the basic facts about what I should have done, for example, looking at the audience or not using the slideshow as a script. For better presentations, we learned some skills and tips such as the arrangement/selection of the images in the slideshow or the SPIDER model. There was scientific evidence regarding the use of these so it was very reliable and understandable.
I was surprised on the first day of the lesson because it was very up-to-date. I found using technology in lessons has so many benefits, for example, using computers instead of paper was much more efficient than the other classes that use paper. I never knew Google had a variety of products. They are very useful, especially Grammarly because I make grammar mistakes a lot. I think these extensions make our learning efficient and smooth.
Lastly, my perspective towards school systems changed too. Before Mr.Paterson's class, I didn't doubt that there was a problem with Japan's education system. Later, after finding out that many other developed countries have a modern education system, I now think that there are many defects in the Japanese school education system. I am also seeing a lot of defects in my school and wonder why these problems have existed for so long. I had always thought that students had to adapt to the school and tolerate these problems, but actually, I think the school and the education system should adapt to keep up with the times.
Comments
Post a Comment