9/3 reflection blog

 Today, we learned about proof of concept. This means that we need to support our ideas by presenting valid examples or information. For example, I have been working on a presentation about the chairs and desks in the classroom, so I need to find good reports or examples of what other schools or universities are doing about chairs and desks. In my presentation, I had absolutely no support for my ideas, only my own opinions, so my arguments were not very persuasive.

 To find proof of concept, crowdsourcing is a very efficient way to do that. Students share what they have found on the Internet, so there would be a huge amount of information if we all did crowdsourcing. However, I'm concerned that many people will do their research privately and won't share their information, so there would be no point in looking at the crowdsourcing document.

Also, we learned about plagiarism when we were practising crowdsourcing. I was surprised when I heard that plagiarism is actually very common among Japanese students. I heard that there are many types of plagiarism, but some looked OK to me. So from now on, I shall be aware of plagiarism when I do my research.

Then, we did crowdsourcing about remodelling the classroom. However, it was hard for me because there were only a few reports that did research on chairs and desks in schools. Furthermore, some reports weren't even free. Before, I didn't research a lot for my ideas so they might not be the best ones, so I think I'll change the way I research in the future.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/5 the Hobbit chapter 14

5/6 The Hobbit chapter 19

5/6 The Hobbit chapter 18