10/1-reflection blog Presentation 2
At the start of the class, I had a feeling that our group would be the first to have the presentation. As expected, we were the first group. To be honest, I wanted more time for preparation because my team didn't practice much together.
Looking back at the presentation, I thought I moved around less compared to my first presentation. This is because there were more contents I needed to present. My eye contact with the audience was bad; I didn't really look at the people who were at the back because I kept looking at the screen. I think I had this problem before too and it's a very difficult thing for me to do.
We were supposed to change screens when we put our hands down (meaning our hands are up all the time), but we forgot and I had to check if the screen had really changed. I would like to use a wireless mouse or a remote control so that I can switch slides by myself.
In the presentation, I was going to mention why creating different shapes using trapezoid table was important. This is because of the distance between people affects the atmosphere of the classroom. For example, a round table is good for collaboration and rectangular tables represent hierarchies, so round tables are better for group work. However, I had no time to say all this so I skipped it.
I also realized again in the Q&A part that I have to be prepared for questions from the audience. Practicing Q&A with my teammates would have been a good practice, but now it's too late.
We were also told about redesigning the website. So that the content of our website would fit on one page. We are planning to make another page for that, and leave the ones we have created before for the extra information page. I thought that putting a QR code on the slides would be a good idea, but actually, no one scanned it, so that was a mistake.
Team three also did the presentation today. I thought they were very good at it. It was detailed and they looked confident. I guess they have been practicing and preparing so hard. Even the website was neat and easy to understand. Our team should have met together to practice the presentation and not only doing it individually. I also realized that having many ideas and doing things quickly was important in group work because if the group work dragged on, our teammates would become bored.
Looking back at the presentation, I thought I moved around less compared to my first presentation. This is because there were more contents I needed to present. My eye contact with the audience was bad; I didn't really look at the people who were at the back because I kept looking at the screen. I think I had this problem before too and it's a very difficult thing for me to do.
We were supposed to change screens when we put our hands down (meaning our hands are up all the time), but we forgot and I had to check if the screen had really changed. I would like to use a wireless mouse or a remote control so that I can switch slides by myself.
In the presentation, I was going to mention why creating different shapes using trapezoid table was important. This is because of the distance between people affects the atmosphere of the classroom. For example, a round table is good for collaboration and rectangular tables represent hierarchies, so round tables are better for group work. However, I had no time to say all this so I skipped it.
I also realized again in the Q&A part that I have to be prepared for questions from the audience. Practicing Q&A with my teammates would have been a good practice, but now it's too late.
We were also told about redesigning the website. So that the content of our website would fit on one page. We are planning to make another page for that, and leave the ones we have created before for the extra information page. I thought that putting a QR code on the slides would be a good idea, but actually, no one scanned it, so that was a mistake.
Team three also did the presentation today. I thought they were very good at it. It was detailed and they looked confident. I guess they have been practicing and preparing so hard. Even the website was neat and easy to understand. Our team should have met together to practice the presentation and not only doing it individually. I also realized that having many ideas and doing things quickly was important in group work because if the group work dragged on, our teammates would become bored.
Comments
Post a Comment