10/7
Two teams did their presentations today and I realized that I had poor questioning skills.
Firstly, to be honest I couldn't come up with questions during the presentation. That means I make up the questions during the Q&A part or when other people are questioning. I do this because I'm concentrating on understanding the presentation, and so I don't think about anything else.
The reason that I can't ask good questions is that firstly, I sometimes can't understand or miss something in other people's presentation, and I don't want to ask a question about something that I might have missed when everybody else understood it. Secondly, my questions weren't that precise. Today I asked a question to a group, but I had to repeat the question multiple times for them to understand my question.
Looking at other groups' slides, there were some texts and images that didn't have much colour contrast with the background. Even if the images are visible on the PC, the projector's resolution size is smaller than the PC, so for example, putting white images on white screens aren't good. Our team used a bright orange background so there was a lot of colour contrast.
One group's body language was very good and caught my attention so I listened more carefully to their presentation. They spoke and moved confidently which made me have confidence in what they were saying and I felt inclined to agree with their opinion.
Firstly, to be honest I couldn't come up with questions during the presentation. That means I make up the questions during the Q&A part or when other people are questioning. I do this because I'm concentrating on understanding the presentation, and so I don't think about anything else.
The reason that I can't ask good questions is that firstly, I sometimes can't understand or miss something in other people's presentation, and I don't want to ask a question about something that I might have missed when everybody else understood it. Secondly, my questions weren't that precise. Today I asked a question to a group, but I had to repeat the question multiple times for them to understand my question.
Looking at other groups' slides, there were some texts and images that didn't have much colour contrast with the background. Even if the images are visible on the PC, the projector's resolution size is smaller than the PC, so for example, putting white images on white screens aren't good. Our team used a bright orange background so there was a lot of colour contrast.
One group's body language was very good and caught my attention so I listened more carefully to their presentation. They spoke and moved confidently which made me have confidence in what they were saying and I felt inclined to agree with their opinion.
Comments
Post a Comment