6/9 first LE class at school

    Today Mr.Paterson told as that during quarantine, only Mr.Paterson did online classes but other classes didn't do it.  To be honest, I think going to school is dangerous because people will definitely gather close and will ignore social distancing. However, I don't think we are able to have online lessons for all the subjects. This is because firstly, looking at the screen for a long time is bad for our eyes and posture. Secondly, students don't interact much during online lessons (students turned off their cameras and microphones). Thirdly, after experiencing online lessons, I think that I learn better when having a lesson at school.  This is because it seems to me that we get more done during lessons at schools compared with online lessons, although I am not sure why. 
 
    We learned two styles of presentations. The first is the "Pecha Kucha" presentation style. Presenters have to use 20 seconds each for 20 slides. The second style is the "ignite" style presentation. This style is shorter than the Pecha Kucha presentation.  The presenter must talk for 15 seconds for 15 or 20 slides.

I think talking for less than five minutes is going to be fine because just reading the book review won't take five minutes. However, the difficult part is talking for 15 seconds for each slide. I tend to present for a short time at the beginning and at the end, but talk for a long time in the main parts. Therefore I think the Pecha Kucha and Ignite style presentation is difficult to do.

    I chose "The Hobbit" for my book review, but there aren't many free images about it, so I thought explaining the novel might be a little difficult.

Comments

  1. Yes of course you learn more during real lessons. But when we can't have real lessons did you learn more from online lessons (where you could turn on your mic and video camera and engage and ask questions) and listen to t a teacher, or did you learn more from a teacher just emailing you worksheets?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5/5 the Hobbit chapter 14

5/6 The Hobbit chapter 19

5/6 The Hobbit chapter 18