9/15 presentation day!
Today I did my presentation. I was so nervous before the presentation that I got a slight stomach ache, but when I started my presentation, the nervousness suddenly disappeared, and I was able to act naturally.
There were some good points and bad points about my presentation. The good points are, firstly as I just mentioned, I was confident. Secondly, since I wasn't nervous, I was able to do my body gestures constantly. I used some original gestures so the content of my presentation would be easier to understand. Thirdly, I was able to walk in front of the screen. I was worried that there wouldn't be any time to go in front and talk. Moreover, I only glanced at the slides a few times and I was able to look at the audience more. I think I was able to have more eye contact than my last presentation, so I'm glad that I became better at doing presentations. Furthermore, I spoke more emotionally than usual.
The bad points were firstly, my presentation time was way longer than eight minutes (nine minutes twenty-five seconds). The reason for that is because the story part was a bit too long. Secondly, I couldn't speak very fluently. This is because I was thinking of what to say as I was speaking.
I learned other things from other presenters too. I really liked the design of the slides for "The mark of Athena". The background and the font really matched with the atmosphere of the book. I didn't know there were websites that provide us with free good quality templates. If we use these websites, we don't have to come up with an original design for the slideshow, so I want to use it for my next presentation.
Comments
Post a Comment