5/13

    Today something unusual happened at the beginning of the class; only residents of Saitama prefecture were allowed to go inside the class. At first I wondered what was happening, but Mr. Paterson later told us that this is happening in Israel and Palestine for decades. He said that actually moving our body and feeling some pain or stress is more effective for understanding problems compared to just reading an article about a problem. Then to show how media can manipulate the audience to make the impression of something positive or negative, Mr Paterson told us to write a paragraph to promote his amazing bag.

    I thought that the activity at the beginning of the class was effective because I remember today's lesson than other lessons. This could be used in many other classes especially when doing lessons on problems around the world because when we do research on them, we only read articles or watch videos. We are able to get information about the problem such as how it started, but we cannot understand how people are suffering from the problem. Similar to this, the plastic waste are damaging the environment in some developing countries or islands, and we acknowledge this because we've seen it in some stories, but we wouldn't understand how the people are suffering. 
    If I were in the situation which is when my life was constantly being controlled and everything was monitored by the government, I think I would become insane. I would never be able to rest because the Israeli government controls the basic infrastructures, and I might be killed at anytime. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/5 the Hobbit chapter 14

5/6 The Hobbit chapter 19

5/6 The Hobbit chapter 18