10/28
First we Mr Paterson introduced us to the Cornell note-taking system. You divide the page into four sections, on the top strip, you write the basic information of the lecture. On the left side, you write the main points or the keywords of the lecture. On the right side, you write the details corresponding to the keywords. On the bottom strip, you write questions to test yourself after three days. Some people write the summary of the lecture in this section. I thought that this system was very efficient, so I would want to use it in other classes too.
In modern society, owning many things is status. However, you might have been manipulated by the corporations' marketing strategies. Corporations create insignificant "wants" so that the consumers would buy more junk or unnecessary things such as fashion brands. I don't want to waste my precious money and time on buying useless things, so I would want to gain more knowledge on marketing just to protect myself.
Corporations create brand ideas to manipulate consumers to buy their products. The purpose of corporations is to make money, so all the good things that they do are actually to create a positive brand image and increase sales. For example, Pfizer had improved the environment nearby the company because it creates a good impression to the citizens and the cost of it is actually tax-deductible, so it's actually free. Of course, corporations don't do good things because they're good, because they want more money!
Comments
Post a Comment