10/5
Today we learned about the unfair system of the UN Security Council. The UNSC is unfair because only the winners of WWII have privileges called the veto. They have the ultimate power to reject anything that they don't favour, in other words, only plans that the P5 favour would pass in the council.
Then we got in groups to come up with a plan to change the unfair system of the P5. I thought that the relationship between the P5 and the other countries were similar to the relationship between the kings and the people in a feudalistic society. Therefore to get rid of the P5, I thought that we should create a constitution that doesn't allow any countries to have privileges in the UNCL. Also, causing a revolution is one way, but that is violent so I want to avoid that. Moreover, all the countries without the privileges in the UN can leave the UN and create a second UN that doesn't allow any privileges in the Security Council.
Comments
Post a Comment